These pretzel hugs are one of my favorite Christmas treats so far. I made this while the kids were at school and they are simply delicious. Of course, I tend to make the yummy treats while they are at school so I can enjoy them before they get home and want to eat them all. It doesn’t work for vegetables, I wonder why that is LOL.
We bought a house in March and we moved in this past April and I must say, I’m so grateful I get to be cooking here. You know when you work your butt off for something and you finally get to reap what you’ve sowed (in a good way of course)? This feels like that. And getting to share the recipes and the behind the scenes with you truly does make my heart so happy.
It doesn’t mean it will always be rainbows and kittens. We know that just isn’t realistic. But I do want to share the good, some of the bad and some of the ugly. I know a lot of business owners who create recipes as a living and they only share the best stuff. Well, I tend to go to the beat of my own drum, so I’ll also share my recipe fails with you too. And I tend to have quite a few of those.
- Square Pretzels
- Hershey Hugs (One package has around 70) unwrapped
- M&Ms – Milk Chocolate – I used the Christmas red & green M&Ms
FYI: I didn’t want to say how many because it varies. One one of my pans I was able to fit 84, on another pan I was able to fit 70. I would aim for 70 as that would be almost one Hershey Hugs Bag.
Christmas Pretzel Hugs
- Baking Sheet
- Square Pretzels
- Hershey Hugs – Milk Chocolate
- M&M Milk Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Line your pan with parchment paper
- Line up the square pretzels on the pan
- Place the unwrapped Hershey Hugs on top of the pretzels
- Put in the oven for 3 – 4 minutes. They should be STARTING to melt, but should NOT be melted
- Remove from the oven and IMMEDIATELY put the M&Ms on top
- Let them sit for 1 minute
- Put the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened
NOTE: You can put these in a container and keep them in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Normally our treats don’t last more than 2 weeks in our house with the kids, but these can last.
Another one of my favorite treats are the Christmas Bark that we make quite a bit. I make this year round for the kiddos and they absolutely love them!
Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Thank you. Read our disclosure + terms here.